Friday, January 4, 2008


New Year’s resolutions have always seemed so odd to me. Usually what you are resolving to change should have been done long ago and do not require a first of the year start off date to employ, yet year after year, millions will say that they are going to do something…yet few will actually accomplish their goals. Why? Quite frankly, they didn’t want to do it in the first place even though they know that it needs to be done. My Father smoked for thirty years or more before finally laying them down. How many times did he try and fail? The bottom line was not the failure, it was that he kept trying until he reached the point where his desire to lay them down and his ability to enact that change were on the same page.

Sure, there are tons of things I would like to change in 2008, but instead of resolutions, I like to set goals to have completed by years end. So…here are my goals for 2008.

1) To fish a new river.
2) To fish for Largemouth Bass with a fly rod.
3) To get closer to my goal of building my own boo rod.
4) To loose enough weight to feel good about how I look again.
5) To start on a new novel.

Ambiguous goals no doubt, but all are achievable if I don’t set a static time table, just write them down and keep them in mind as I fumble my way through the year.

Here’s to 2008. May your resolutions become goals, and your goals become reality.

Marc

No comments: