Friday, December 28, 2007


The year is coming to a close, and odds are, I won’t see water again for a while. As I write this, I am looking out my window at an utterly dreary day. Overcast, chilly, slow steady rain. For most people this is a good day to stay inside, but for an Enlightened Angler, this is the type of weather that calls you to the water. This is the kind of day when the bigger fish that are usually well hidden come out to play; and even the clumsiest of waders can be ninja like in their stealth. You can wade out amongst them unseen, throwing large flies made of flowing hair and marabou. I can feel the tug at the end of the line just thinking about it.

To wrap up the year, I thought I would list the info I compiled in my fishing journal.

Total fish caught Jan-Dec 2007---198
Chubs and other assorted drifters---19
Smallmouth Bass---4
Brown Trout---16 (Largest 17”)
Brook Trout---7
Rainbow Trout---152 (Largest 21”)

Days fishing---26
Days skunked---8

All in all a good year.

I hope each of you have a great 2008!

Marc

No comments: