Monday, January 7, 2008


New life. Just saying it aloud sounds encouraging, ringing with hope, full of endless possibilities. New life is coming to our Family. Sometime before the leaves that have yet to bud begin changing to shades of yellow, red, and orange, I will be blessed with another fishing buddy.

I can honestly say that my two daughters, the oldest of the siblings, have done something that very few people, let alone kids, have ever done. This past summer they each caught their first fish, two beautiful wild rainbow trout, on a 5’ 4wt. bamboo rod that their Daddy made just for them. The joy on their faces was only equaled by the joy in “the old man’s” heart. These little princesses standing up to their waists, bare legged, in a cold Smoky Mountain stream. Let me tell ya, Dollywood has nothing on the Adventure based theme park that God created with his own hands.

To teach our kids that the joy, excitement, and wonder of creation is far more thrilling than anything man can contrive is so important. To see the wonder and amazement on the face of a kid as they are engulfed in the magnificence of the world. So much of life now is electronic, sterile, emotionless fodder. And now, with Gods Grace and Blessing, I will be given yet another opportunity to instill in the future generations of my own lineage the love of the world as it is unhindered by man. To know that my children love God, and love the bounty of His creativity and power, is an accomplishment that is paramount to seeing myself as a successful parent.

No comments: